Monday, October 22, 2007

WFX - Atlanta, GA / Gospel from Brazil!

It was never my intention for my blog to be merely a recap of my calendar, nor just a haphazard aggregation of news items or semi-interesting links. However, for the time being that is what it has devolved into.

It is what it is. At least for now. And so that is why it is at least apropos, if not otherwise commendable, to report that I will be in Atlanta for the next few days attending and participating the Worship Facilities Expo and Conference (WFX). It should be fun, actually, and the plan is that it will develop business for my company. I'll be hanging out with Bill (Braveheart) Wallace and Jeff McLeod (of the clan McLeod), two of my esteemed colleagues.

Which is good. Isn't it? Of course it is.

An interesting synchronicity is that during the time I am there some friends (and very good clients) from Brazil are leading a worship event on Thursday night in a church just a mile or so away from my hotel. Diante de Trono, which is the worship team from Igreja Batista da LaGoinha, have come all the way from Belo Horizonte (I love the sound of that name...it means "beautiful horizon" in Portuguese). They are an extraordinarily dynamic church and, though I have several of their recordings, I have never seen them live. It should be outstanding. One of my very good friends, Randy Adams, records and produces much of their work and he will be there, too. This may well be the highlight of the whole trip.

No comments: