Technically, it may not be Heather's meme, I can't say for sure, but she is to blame for me knowing about it and perpetuating its viral propagation. Just don't get stuck on the second question...push on through.
1. Who was your best friend? There was a plurality: David Reinhard, Craig Dalton, Lee Davis. Also Jean Liebensberger and Beth Leadabrand were very special friends. Lord, bless them all.
3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn’t get a car until I graduated, actually, so I drove my parents’ cars. After graduation, though, I got a bright red 1978 Honda Civic Hatchback from my grandparents. Sweet ride.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? In the marching band, during football season. Off-season, hanging out with friends.
5. Were you a party animal? No.
6. Were you considered a flirt? In my dreams. In reality, I was a teenage serial monogomist.
7. Ever skip school? Not that I recall.
8. Were you a nerd? Yep. Band geek.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.
10. Can you sing the fight song? No, but if I still had my trumpet chops, I bet I could play it.
11. Who was your Favorite teacher? Jim Sitton, Physics I & II. The second year was one of the hardest classes I’ve ever taken. Ever. Nearly killed me, but it was fascinating. He was a great teacher, though. Fortunately, I had good lab partners. David Reinhard and Russ Carpman, both of whom grew up to become actual, bona fide rocket scientists.
12. Favorite class? Band, then English
13. What was your school’s full name? Nimitz High School
14. School mascot? Vikings
15. Did you go to Prom? Yes
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? No. I mean, it wasn’t so bad, but…no.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Ours was a pretty big school and I remember the ceremony took forever, it seemed. I remember having a very enjoyable time talking to Kathy Pietens who sat next to me. Until that day, we really had never taken the time to get to know one another, even though we had been alphabetically adjacent for years. I wonder how she is after all these years.
18. Who was your high school sweetheart? Jennifer, mostly, but definitely Jean, too.
19. Where were you on senior skip day? I don’t think we had one. If we did, I missed it.
20. Did you have a job your Senior year? Yes. I worked at a dry-cleaners. I was like the assistant assistant manager. It was a decent gig, really...I got me some stories.
21. Where did you go most often for lunch? The school cafeteria.
22. Have you gained weight since then? Oh yeah.
23. What did you do after graduation? University of North Texas, School of Music
24. When did you graduate? 1978
25. Who was your Senior prom date? Jennifer.
26. Are you going to your 10yr class reunion? Been there, done that, and enjoyed it. A long time ago. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make it to any subsequent reunions.
27. Who was your homeroom teacher? Varied from year-to-year, I think. Most often, Mr. Haberkamp, the band director.
28. Who will repost this after you? Probably nobody…