I stumbled across a series of fascinating and unusual articles at Spiegel Online covering Nazi Germany. Most of the pieces incorporate new and and ongoing research into various historical topics.
- A recent trial of a 91-year old convicted Nazi war criminal who held up a pharmacy with a toy gun
- A reassessment of the bombing of Dresden
- New photos from concentration camps
- A look at the surviving members of Hitler's "Lebensborn" program to breed an Aryan super-race
- A study of the effects of rape trauma on the women of Eastern Germany in the last days of the war as the country was being overrun by invading Allied troops
- New research about looted art treasures and literature