Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Armed customer thwarts grocery robbery"

I have two visceral responses every time I read a story like this, today from the Indianapolis Star.

First, situations like this unfold not just on TV crime dramas or the movie screen, but in front of real people going about their everyday, otherwise normal lives. And it happens all the time. People who think that it could never happen to them or that it only happens somewhere else are living in fantasy. It just makes sense for responsible, law-abiding people to carry firearms to protect ourselves from irresponsible, law-breaking people and their pernicious ways.

Secondly, it reminds me that I need to stop being lazy and get my concealed carry license. It's not expensive and it's not hard; it's just a bit of paperwork and a visit to the county sheriff''s office.

1 comment:

Jim Thornton said...

Hey Barry. I am not sure if you will recall me (Jim Thornton) but I was a customer of yours from your Mays days at the Redbird store. Long time I know. I thought to google you recently when trying to remember someone that I believe you introduced me to, his name was Rich. For the life of me, I cannot remember his last name. I rehearsed with him for a while at Oak Cliff Assembly church. Anyway, I found an old tape with a couple of his songs and so I was trying to see if I could locate him.

You have a fascinating blog with entries on so many interesting subjects. I haven't found any links to your music though. Are you still writing? If you like, please contact me at schubachs at gmail. Sorry for being an odd post, but wasn't sure how else to contact you.
Take care,
Jim.