Thursday, January 28, 2010

Steal This Recipe

Okay, here's the deal.  This is why Mark Bittman is so cool.  This recipe couldn't be easier, but it is an incredibly amazing rendering of brussel sprout deliciousness.  Watch this short video and just do it.  There is bacon involved.  Watch it now.

Cut and paste this into your browser if necessary:  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/dining/281mrex.html?ref=dining

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I did add a couple of tablespoons of pine nuts. And, check it out, I didn't have any dates.  But I did have figs and everyone knows that figs and dates are functional equivalents.  They are basically the same thing, really, so if you don't have dried figs, used dried dates.  And I added some chopped red bell pepper for color. 

Do it.  Don't fear the brussel sprouts.  Embrace them.

(Yes, I stole that picture from the internet.)

No comments: